Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My name in fənɛ́tɪks.

The first syllable of "juana" has the onset of a voiced bilabial glides with a rhyme of a high back vowel, "wu". The next syllable is a mid central vowel, "a". The last syllable is onset of a voiceless alveolar nasal, with a rhyme of a high central vowel, "na".


IPA transcription: wɑnə 


Frist begin by making an "O" shape with your lips and letting out air to make a "Hoo" sound, "ju". Than open your mouth making an "ahhh" sound. Than placing your tongue on top of your upper teeth, making a "na".

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I understand the first part: aren't there only two syllables in your name? that's what the IPA transcription looks like.
    And I don't understand the second part: How do you go from hoo to "ju" to ahhh" You'll have to show me. Maybe I'm pronouncing it wrong...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was kind of hard for me to explain it since my name is pronounced different than how its written. Its suppose to be juana as in "hoo-ahh-na" but most people just say "wana" thats why i did it like that. maybe i made it a little confusing.

    ReplyDelete